The C.W. Bill Young Cell Transplantation Program (CWBYCTP) includes an Office of Patient Advocacy to support patients and families throughout the process of a bone marrow transplant (also called a BMT) or umbilical cord blood transplant. As the contractor for the Program's Office of Patient Advocacy, the National Marrow Donor Program® (NMDP), also referred to as Be The Match Patient Support Center, provides many programs and resources for patients and their families, including:
One-to-one support from BMT Patient Navigators
BMT Patient Navigators help patients and their families:
- Learn about transplant
- Understand the donor search process
- Find a transplant center
- Get answers to financial or insurance questions
- Connect with other transplant patients and caregivers through the Peer Connect program
- Find and join clinical trials
- Prepare for and cope with life after transplant
A full list of the support and resources can be found at the Be The Match Patient Support Center.
Print, online, and DVD educational resources
This information is free and some materials are translated.