Transplant Activity Report provides reports about the number of hematopoietic cell transplants (HCT) performed at transplant centers in the United States.
These data include all types of HCT, including autologous, related allogeneic and unrelated allogeneic as reported by transplant centers. The tables provide annual HCT numbers by:
- Donor type: autologous, unrelated allogeneic, and related allogeneic.
- Cell sources used for transplants: bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC), and umbilical cord blood.
- Age, sex, and race of patients who received transplants.
- The transplant center and state where the transplants were performed.
- The year in which the transplants were performed.
- Total transplants by year (PDF -107 KB)
- Transplants by donor type (PDF - 100 KB)
- Transplants by donor type and cell source (PDF -105 KB)
- Transplants by disease and donor type (PDF - 123 KB)
Number of Transplants by Year
- By donor type (PDF - 106 KB)
- By race/ethnicity (PDF - 131 KB)
- By age group (PDF 101 KB)
- By sex (PDF 105 KB)
- By disease category (PDF 127 KB)
- By specific disease (PDF - 373 KB)
- By center (PDF - 284 KB)
- By state (PDF - 118 KB)
- By cell source (PDF - 115 KB)
- By donor type and cell source (PDF - 120 KB)
- By donor type and disease category (PDF - 188 KB)
- By cell source, disease category and donor type (PDF - 354 KB)
- By age and disease category (PDF - 274 KB)
- By donor type and age (PDF - 131 KB)
- By cell source, age and donor type (PDF - 186 KB)
- By donor type and race/ethnicity (PDF - 131 KB)
- By cell source, race/ethnicity and donor type (PDF - 194 KB)
- By donor type and sex (PDF - 111 KB)
- By cell source, sex and donor type (PDF - 138 KB)
- By donor type and state (PDF - 190 KB)
- By cell source and state (PDF - 545 KB)
Transplant Center Tables
- Number and list of centers participating by donor type (PDF - 106 KB)
- Number and list of centers participating by state (PDF - 757 KB)
Disease categories and specific diseases included (PDF - 194 KB)
These data were updated November 18, 2019
Transplant Data for This Report
Information presented in these reports have been submitted to the CIBMTR and reviewed and confirmed by transplant centers. This process cycle takes about 18 months to complete. The data are updated annually.
Data presented in this report show transplants performed from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2017 and reported as of December 12, 2018. This report depends on data published elsewhere on this website earlier in the year. Depending on when this report is accessed, it may contain data from a previous time period because of this production cycle.
The Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research® maintains these data for the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration as part of the Stem Cell Therapeutic Outcomes Database contract.
Note: Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, please email email@example.com or call Shelley Grant (301) 443-8036.