Transplant Activity Report provides reports about the number of hematopoietic cell transplants (HCT) performed at transplant centers in the United States.
These data include all types of HCT, including autologous, related allogeneic and unrelated allogeneic as reported by transplant centers. The tables provide annual HCT numbers by:
- Donor type: autologous, unrelated allogeneic, and related allogeneic.
- Cell sources used for transplants: bone marrow, peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC), and umbilical cord blood.
- Age, sex, and race of patients who received transplants.
- The transplant center and state where the transplants were performed.
- The year in which the transplants were performed.
- Total transplants by year (XLS - 15 KB)
- Transplants by donor type (XLS - 11 KB)
- Transplants by donor type and cell source (XLS - 12 KB)
- Transplants by disease and donor type (XLS - 13 KB)
Number of Transplants by Year
- By donor type (XLS - 12 KB)
- By race/ethnicity (XLS - 15 KB)
- By age group (XLS - 13 KB)
- By sex (XLS - 12 KB)
- By disease category (XLS - 14 KB)
- By specific disease (XLS - 36 KB)
- By center (XLS - 30 KB)
- By state (XLS - 15 KB)
- By cell source (XLS - 57 KB)
- By donor type and cell source (XLS - 13 KB)
- By donor type and disease category (XLS - 19 KB)
- By cell source, disease category and donor type (XLS - 25 KB)
- By age and disease category (XLS - 25 KB)
- By donor type and age (XLS - 14 KB)
- By cell source, age and donor type (XLS - 18 KB)
- By donor type and race/ethnicity (XLS - 15 KB)
- By cell source, race/ethnicity and donor type (XLS - 17 KB)
- By donor type and sex (XLS - 13 KB)
- By cell source, sex and donor type (XLS - 14 KB)
- By donor type and state (XLS - 24 KB)
- By cell source and state (XLS - 35 KB)
Transplant Center Tables
- Number and list of centers participating by donor type (XLS - 21 KB)
- Number and list of centers participating by state (XLS - 19 KB)
Disease categories and specific diseases included (XLS - 23 KB)
These data were updated April 14, 2022
Transplant Data for This Report
Information presented in these reports have been submitted to the CIBMTR and reviewed and confirmed by transplant centers. This process cycle takes about 18 months to complete. The data are updated annually.
Data presented in this report show transplants performed from January 1, 2015 through December 31, 2019 and reported as of December 11, 2020. This report depends on data published elsewhere on this website earlier in the year. Depending on when this report is accessed, it may contain data from a previous time period because of this production cycle.
The Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research® maintains these data for the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration as part of the Stem Cell Therapeutic Outcomes Database contract.
Note: Persons using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in this file. For assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Shelley Grant (301) 443-8036.
Download Data for This Report
Dataset – (SAS - 1.1 MB)
Dataset – (XLSX - 392 KB)
Data Dictionary – (XLSX - 37 KB)
Data Dictionary – (PDF - 36 KB)