The Stem Cell Therapeutic Outcomes Database (SCTOD) is one of the components of the C.W. Bill Young Cell Transplantation Program (CWBYCTP). The SCTOD contractor will:
- Provide an electronic outcomes database of scientific information about allogeneic bone marrow and umbilical cord blood transplantation to be used by researchers and health care professionals.
- Collect and analyze information about:
- Diagnoses for which transplant may be a treatment option.
- Transplant preparation and procedures.
- Patient outcomes.
- New uses for cells found in bone marrow, peripheral blood, and umbilical cord blood.
- Work with transplant centers to collect data.
- Report information about:
- Patient outcomes about transplants for each transplant center.
- Transplant activity to the public, researchers, and health care professionals.
- Store blood samples from donors and patients that will be used for transplant research.
- Work closely with experts from all areas of bone marrow and cord blood transplantation.
SCTOD Standards & Measurements
Monitoring the performance of the CWBYCTP against specific standards is key to helping more patients have a successful bone marrow or umbilical cord blood transplant. A transplant replaces a patient's diseased cells with healthy blood-forming cells (also called stem cells).
Performance standards for the SCTOD include:
- Collecting data that are accurate, complete, and timely from allogeneic transplants using U.S. marrow donors and cord blood units. These transplants may be performed at U.S. or international transplant centers.
- Use a standardized electronic system to collect data.
- Work with existing stem cell database organizations, transplant centers, the suppliers of stem cell products, the SPA-CC Contractor, and other transplant and research registries to collect and maintain data.
- Provide analytical support to OPA, SPA-CC and HRSA and analyze outcomes from allogeneic transplants using U.S. marrow donors and cord blood units.
- Disseminate data to public and to organizations participating in the CWBYCTP.
- Make relevant scientific information available to the public in the form of data sets and summaries.
- Disseminate organization-specific data to the organizations participating in the CWBYCTP.
- Provide annual statistical report on SCTOD activities, transplant activity, and outcomes at each transplant center in the U.S.
- Disseminate transplant the center-specific report to the transplant centers.
The SCTOD contractor regularly reports performance measurements to HRSA.
Learn how this organization is fulfilling its contract.